As the European association for UV & EB curing technology, RadTech Europe (RTE) actively represents the common interests of its members towards decision-makers at the European level. RTE participates as a stakeholder in relevant situations and provides decision-makers with sufficient and reliable information about the effects of new and existing legislation for our industry.
At the moment, the following legislation is of particular importance to our industry:
- REACH - The European regulation for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical Substances
- CLP - Classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008
- ROHS - Directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
- Food contact legislation - on European and national level
- Health and safety requirements regarding the exposure of workers to risks from articial optical radiation - Directive 2006/25/EC
- The VOC Solvents Emissions Directive - Directive 1999/13/EC and subsequent amendments
RadTech Europe has been involved in:
- UV Protocol - Joint Protocol on Improved Conditions of Use of UV-Technology in the Printing and Coating Industry in Europe
- EB Protocol - Joint Protocol on Improved Conditions of Use of EB-Technology in the Printing and Coating Industry in Europe
- Uvitech Project - Essential Practical advice to companies using or planning to use UV printing
- European Declaration on Paper Recycling
Detailed information about the latest developments with regards to directives and the activities RadTech Europe has undertaken can be found on the members' only section of the RadTech Europe website.